Sunday, August 12, 2012

Caramel Kisses


So I know I said I was going to bake as many cupcakes as I possibly could, but I’ve already deviated from that plan. This weekend is my boyfriend Daniel’s grandfather’s birthday, so I decided to make some caramel kisses to add to the feast. I don’t know if anyone has ever been to a Greek celebration but to say there is enough food to feed an army would be an understatement. I love going to Daniels Yiayia and Papou’s house because not only are we surrounded by amazing people, but we get to feast on some of the best food I’ve ever eaten.  I’ve never actually made this recipe before and hadn’t even heard of it until I did a bit of googling. I guess there’s a first time for everything, I just hope everyone likes them / actually eats them!

Recipe:


1 x 250g pkt Arnott’s butternut snap cookies


30g butter


1 x can condensed milk


3 tbs golden syrup


90g melted butter


200g dark chocolate


150ml pouring cream



As always I made some changes to the recipe, I only used about 70mls of cream and I used milk chocolate because my darling boyfriend wanted milk chocolate instead is dark. Also, the recipe I used didn’t specify which lot of butter to use in the biscuit and which to use in the milk. Me - being a novice at the baking, just added the 90g of butter to the biscuits. Huge mistake! So I’d like to say a BIG thank you to my biggest fan and saviour, Andrea (The caramel kisses Queen). If it wasn’t for you saving the day, these would have been a total disaster!


My super quick directions are:


·        Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees.


·        Process bikkies and 30g butter until combined well (I used a mortar and pestle as I don’t have a processor).


·        Butter a mini cupcake tin and press the biscuit mixture into the moulds.


·        Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown.


·        Meanwhile heat the condensed milk, golden syrup and 90g butter in a saucepan until glossy and smooth.


·        Let the base cool, then spoon milk mixture into the moulds (about ¾ full) and bake for another 12 or so minutes (until golden).


·        Once cool, remove from tin and cool completely.


·        Heat chocolate and cream over water until glossy.


·        Spoon chocolate over the caramel and refrigerate for 30 mins.


These were really easy and fun to make, and they look adorable! Give them a go =]







 
 
Some Party Food







Note: I didn’t get to actually try these until we were at the party, but oh my god they were delicious. Everybody loved them! They tasted like Pods but better! I will definitely be making these again. (and again, and again).











1 comments:

Jessica said...

I want them in my belly now!!

Post a Comment